Meet the Governors
The governing board at Blackrod Church School has 3 main functions;
- To ensure the ethos and the values of the school are maintained and promoted at all times.
- To hold all the school leaders to account and ensure the very best is provided for the children
- To ensure the school spends its money wisely and effectively and according to any appropriate rules.
The Governing Board for the coming academic year - 2021 / 2022;
Chair of Governors - Mrs Jean Gittins
Vice Chair of Governors - Mr David Baird (Health and Safety Governor)
Chair of the Finance Committee - Mr Andy Pickford
Chair of the Standards Committee - Mrs Nichola Hill
Chair of the Ethos Committee - Rev Angela Wynne.
Safeguarding Governor - Miss Jo Howard
SEND Governor - Mrs Hayley Heap
Foundation Governor - Rev Sean Swithinbank
Foundation Governor - Mrs Hazel Lord
Staff Governor - Miss Alison Cowell
Parent Governor - Mr Chris Worthington
Head teacher Governor - Mr J Royal
The LA Clerk to the Governors is Mrs Susan Mellor
There are currently no vacancies on the Governing Board.
Governors' Impact on School - 2020 / 2021
During the last academic year (2020 - 2021) the school faced many challenges (as all schools, and the rest of the world did). Our Governors worked really hard to help the school leaders and had a really important and positive impact on the life of the school -
In addition to the many supportive, encouraging and helpful conversations Governors had with school staff and parents,
- Governors supported and monitored the development of the remote learning curriculum and its implementation, ensuring all children were contacted regularly.
- Governors helped school leaders to refine and improve the offer as Lockdown developed and received and discussed reports about engagement and attendance regularly during the lockdown period (some of the meetings were not minuted by the LA Clerk to the Governors, but by school). .
- Governors received and discussed information and updates about the support for vulnerable families during the very difficult period and offered their support with deliveries / making contact or delivering the emergency curriculum in school.
- Governors developed a sustainable leadership strategy and become to form the process of staffing and resourcing review in the light of significant organisational and logistical challenges.
- Governors regularly checked and discussed the schools' risk assessment updates throughout lockdown offering suggestions and advice.